DSC/IEP Processing Suggestions
Utilize the CHIP-AZ DSC/IEP
Tracking and Service
As with any new tool, it is wise to
perform “parallel” tracking for a period of time.
- Create the IEP (in CHIP-AZ) for those
students with an IEP that indicates nursing services to be performed by the
- Set up Daily Nursing Procedures for
these students and mark as IEP eligible.
- Set up Daily Medications for these
students and mark as IEP eligible.
- Begin marking IEP eligible Activities
(encounters) as IEP related.
- Continue to track IEP eligible Activities
(encounters), Daily Medications and Daily Nursing Procedures
manually as you have in the past.
- At the end of the current billing period,
run the DSC/IEP potential billing IEP Worksheet and compare with your
manual records for the same days.
- Determine if there are differences and why.
Be sure you are comparing the same days. It is possible that you
have accounted for days in your manual records prior to beginning entry in
- Correct the differences in CHIP-AZ if needed
for common days reported and re-run the IEP Worksheet.
- Activities are
changed in the Activity screen
- Procedures Daily
are changed in the Procedure History screen.
- Medications Daily
are changed in the Medication History screen
- When the numbers for the same days agree,
run the Service Record Update in CHIP-AZ.
- Run the IEP Service Report.
- When comfortable with CHIP-AZ
“live” with CHIP-AZ DSC/IEP Processing ie. stop the manual
open a printable document.
Resolve IEP/DSC problems.
||Get Adobe Acrobat Reader to
open '.pdf' files.
Click the picture to the left to begin download.
Save file to desktop.
After download is complete, open the file AdbeRdr60_enu.exe you