open a printable document.
R9-13-102. Hearing Screening Population
A. A school administrator shall ensure that the following students have a hearing screening each school year:
1. A student enrolled in preschool, kindergarten, or grade 1, 2, 6, or 9;
2. A student enrolled in grade 3, 4, or 5, unless there is written documentation that the student had a hearing screening in or after grade 2;
3. A student enrolled in grade 7 or 8, unless there is written documentation that the student had a hearing screening in or after grade 6;
4. A student enrolled in grade 10, 11, or 12 unless there is written documentation that the student had a hearing screening in or after grade 9;
5. A student receiving special education; and
6. A student who failed a second hearing screening in the prior school year.
B. A school administrator shall ensure that a student has a hearing screening at the request of the student, the student's parent, a schoolteacher, a school nurse, a school psychologist, an audiologist, a physician, a primary care practitioner, a speech language pathologist, or Department staff.
C. A hearing screening is not required if a:
1. Student is age 16 years or over;
2. Student's parent objects in writing to the screening as allowed under A.R.S. § 36-899.04;
3. Written diagnosis or evaluation from an audiologist states that a student is deaf or hard of hearing; or
4. Student has a hearing aid, an assistive listening device, or a cochlear implant.
D. In addition to meeting the requirements in subsections (A) and (B), a school administrator shall ensure that a student who meets the criteria specified in State Board of Education rule R7-2-401 has a hearing screening required under R7-2-401.
Click here to open a printable document.
|Get Adobe Acrobat Reader to
open '.pdf' files.
Click the picture to the left to begin.